Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good news and Sad news

This past week has been good and bad. Last Sunday I got to see my old roomie, Rachel Snyder. She was in town and was kind enough to stop by. I haven't seen her for over 5 years, so it was nice to chat and catch up with her. :) It felt like I never left...except for the husband and 2 kids.








Now the very bad and sad news. My little family and I just came back from a funeral in Driggs, Idaho. A cousin of mine passed away this past Tuesday. :( Angela Ly Cooke passed away Tuesday night from a car accident. She was pregnant and neither her or the baby made it. My heart hurts just thinking about her being gone. The funeral service was in Driggs, Idaho....that's where she lived and she had the accident about 15 minutes away from her home. Her family from Minnesota was there, and her sister who lives in Rexburg were there too. It was so nice to see them all, but I was it was for a happy occasion. My heart really went out to Angela's husband. I can't even begin to imagine the sadness and pain that he must be going through.

But I've realized that in times like this, it's when the gospel and atonement comes into play, and it becomes more real than ever. All the sadness and pain eases just a little when you remember that there is life after this one. Because our Savior was willing to give his life for us, we will live again. It warms my heart to know that I know the truth, and that I'll see Angela again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment