Sunday, March 8, 2015

Morning Exercise

For years, and years....and some more years I wanted to exercise and be be fit. I wanted to feel good about myself and know that I was being healthy. Sometimes I would be really good and then I would just fall of the wagon completely. 
It was until I was Dominica that I really committed. My friend Whitney and I started working out every morning after dropping the kids off at school. I remember feeling so silly going and trying to use the machines. I had no idea what I was doing. But with Whitney's help it was SO much fun. I looked forward to going to the gym every morning. I noticed that I started get a lot stronger and thinner! I LOVED feeling healthy.

When I came back home back in July, I told myself that I would continue. But it was so hard not having an accountability partner. For a week or two I would be really good and workout, and then I would just stop completely.

So again, this new year I made my New Years Resolution...and of course exercise was on the top of my list. I started off alright. I would do HIIT workouts and lift weights, but it wasn't very consistent. Then Sister Jasperson (amazing and inspiring woman) texted me and asked if I wanted to do AM running with her. When I read the text I thought.."Haha, I don't think Sister J. knows that I am SO not a morning person". But she was so great. She eased me into it and I am happy to say that I am starting my 4th week of morning runs! 

I actually LOVE running in the morning. And I love learning from this woman. And I tell my husband all the time, Only Sister J could get me out of bed at 5:10! 

I am so grateful to have inspiring and motivated women in my life!  




1 comment: