Friday, June 10, 2016

Summer Vacation

Ahhhhh, summer vacation. I have a love hate relationship with summer! I love it because I get to spend time with my kids and I don't have to wake up early! 
Some days I hate it though because my kiddos have nothing to do and they just fight and complain that they are bored! So this year I did my research early. I started them on a "Summer Reading Challenge". I challenged them to read as many "Magic Tree House" books as much as possible. 

Ok, I bribed them. I said that if they could read half of the books on the list they could get a prize, anything they wanted. And if they read the other half of the books they could get another prize. My kiddos have been on summer vacation for almost 2 weeks and they have been such little bookworms! Nenji has read about 8 of the books already and Rylan is on his 3rd one. 
I am so proud of them!



Ry!!! He finished his first chapter book! I am so proud of this kid! He's come such a long way from wanting to be Preschool drop out. Now he is at the top of class, reading and writing like a pro and reading chapter books. I couldn't be more proud. 





I love Pinterest. You find the coolest stuff. Here I made a roads out of tape for my boys. We left it on the floor for a few days until the tape started coming off. But they had fun with it while it lasted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment