Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Snorkeling at Fort Shirley

Today is Wednesday, and that means Island Mommy Snorkeling day! Today we went to Fort Shirley, which is about a 10 minute drive from where we live. This snorkeling spot was amazing! There were so many school of fishes (schools of fishes?). We even saw a bunch of needle fishes! I was a little unsure about going out because it's a lot deeper than the other places that I've been. There were also a bunch of little jelly fishes! Yikes! I don't think I got stung, but right as I was getting out of the water, I sat on something that did sting my leg. Ouch! I had really bad welts on the my back leg for a couple of hours. Turns out I probably sat on some kind of Sea Anemone. My leg looked a lot like the one in the picture if you click on the link. Aside from that and Spencer crying his little heart out from missing me, it was so much fun! Can't wait for next Wednesday. :)

Charlotte and Tai with their babies!

Tai, Kasie, and me getting ready to snorkel! :)

Eeks! There were tons of little jellyfishes everywhere!!! I think I was trying to take a picture of one...unsuccessful! 

This picture reminds me of when Marlin and Dorie were in the ocean circling around forever...just in the deep blue ocean!

Look at all them fishies!!!


Pretty colors!

A TON of fishies!




A school of needle fishes!





An Astaphan bag. I just thought it was funny that I was seeing all of these beautiful sea creatures and then a yellow Astaphan bag. :)


Pretty!



I know I post pictures of these things ALL the time, but they really freak me out! They are HUGE! And they weren't too far from shore or from the surface of the water either!









No comments:

Post a Comment